Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Blog? What?

What are you supposed to write in a blog anyway?

I'm not sure about what people are really interested to know, so if you have an opinion about this, please leave a comment!

Jeremy and I are really excited because we will be starting our marriage counseling class in a few weeks. We met with Ken, our teacher/counselor, last week and had a really great conversation with him. He talked about what types of topics we will be covering, how we will proceed, all of the basics, and then he sent us a link to the fun stuff. An online assessment about our relationship- I love those things. There's something about answering questions about yourself (and in this case your partner) and then having a stranger look over the results to "assess" you as a couple. Not assess in a "good" or "bad" way, just assess. I love it. Very cool. Anyway, I already took my part of the assessment, and Jeremy still has yet to do his. It should give us some good incites before taking off around the world together for mission work. I'm excited.

On another note, we MUST begin to purge our house of "things" very soon, because we will be moving out of the parsonage and into a rental by the end of May. Ah! There is so much to do...but for some reason, much to Jeremy's dismay, I like the thrill of waiting until the very last second to really get going.

Again, if any of you (if there are any readers out there) are interested in getting involved with us and our ministry in Costa Rica, think about joining one of our Mission Support Teams, praying for us, giving financially, or all of the above! We will be building two teams, one in Lubbock, and one in Tyler, so if you are interested in even hearing more about it, please let us know-

Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. I just read your article on the Colemannews.com. As always, I'm awed by the dedication people show when they are blessed by the Lord to go out into the world and teach the children. Children are the world's treasures and should be taken care of and loved. And who better to love them than the Lord. I look forward to more news as you move and start your life in Costa Rica. God Bless and my prayers (and financial support when possible) will be with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nora,

    Thank you so much for your support and encouragement! We will actually be in Coleman next weekend hosting a small event for people there who are interested in our ministry. If you wanted to stop by, we would love to meet you! I can get you all of the details if you will email me at kerbismith@gmail.com-

    Thanks again...

    ReplyDelete